Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

Forgot to ask this......

I just realized something. My husband and I have small medical bills that we did not list in bankruptcy when we filed. Is it OK that I pay them right now or do I have to get the Lawyers office to add the medical bills in the bankruptcy? They are bills that were generated before we filed. Also, will my lawyer send the schedules and my paperwork ahead of time to the trustee? If so, will I still be able to amend right up to the court date if I have too?

you need to add them to your bankruptcy, it is not late,

you need to file an amendment as soon as possible, and once you add them, they will be discharged,

your attorney should do this for you,

if not at your hearing you can mention you want to add creditors, it is common and not a an issue

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So it's not uncommon for a person to keep going to the Lawyer's office to add debt to the schedules? I always feel like a pain in the butt when I go in there. I hate going there.

Also, how does the Lawyer get the packet I sent him to the trustee? Does he mail it ahead of time to him/her as a package?

I already turned in some stuff for amendment. Will the Lawyer's office call us to come there and sign the papers again because of the revisions? I'm thinking if they do, we will then have to go again because I forgot to add the medical bills. Ugh

I have no idea how to get on chat?

If you were given a 341 hearing date he filed it online usually to the trustee, it is very common to add new creditors, your attorney should do this for you.

He should have reviewed the petition with you as well, as you need to sign it. If you have not received a date yet, he did not file it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We already have a date set for the creditor's meeting. It's in about 3 weeks. He originally went over the petition and we both already signed it. I was just wondering if we had to keep coming in signing it after each time we amend it.

no, you can just call him and ask him to add the creditors, you do not need to sign a new petition
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to keep bothering you. I can't stand this Lawyer of mine so I have to keep going online. Thanks for your answers.

No problem, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback, thank you