WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

hello Brandon, My daughter mother is an excluded driver under

hello Brandon, My daughter mother is an excluded driver under my insurance. she was driving with my daughter and her 2 sisters in the vehicle. While make a left turn she was hit by another car from the passenger side, the car isn't drivable. I'm license in CT and she in NY, the accident happened in Bronx, NY. The insurance will not pay the claim do to the fact that she was an excluded driver. Neither of us make enough to cover repairs out of pocket. I still owe $14k would I be able to declare bankruptcy or is there another way to have either parties insurance cover the claim. I don't really want to declare bankruptcy but it seems like my only option.

thank you
Jorge
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 1 year ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If your income is below the state minimum you would be able to file a chapter 7 to discharge the debt,

WALLSTREETESQ :

however at this point, you may also be able to work out an arrangement with the creditor for a lower amount or a payment plan, and you can explore that option.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Typically if you threaten a bankruptcy filing the lender would work with you for a payment plan

WALLSTREETESQ :

You should also seek a personal injury attorney for your daughter to see if she suffered any damages, and if she did she may have a personal injury lawsuit against the other driver,

WALLSTREETESQ :

and they may end up paying for the damages,

WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience: 14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.