I have a few questions about the Statement of Presumed Abuse letter I received yesterday for my Chapter 7
1. Will the courts conduct an investigation of me based on this letter?
2. I read that all of my creditors received a copy of this letter. Does this mean they can now come after me for the full amounts due, despite receiving letters from my attorney that they should not contact me?
3. I don't have a job. If I sold personal items to get immediate cash to pay bills, does that count as income, even if the proceeds were less than I originally paid?
4. My husband is the sole wage earner of our household. He did not file with me, and has no intention to. What could happen to him and any of his wages
5. If I cannot get Chapter 7, and the courts subsequently refuse to grant me Chapter 13
, does that mean I have to pay the full balances owed to these creditors?
5b. If I cannot get Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 protection, can I negotiate directly with creditors for an amount that will satisfy them? What's typically the lowest amount (percentage-wise), that they will accept? Example: If I owe one creditor $10,000, is it possible they will accept $500-$1,000 (or 5%-10%) since the alternative is likely receiving nothing at all?