cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

can i quit claim house to my husband, then get a divorce, and

Customer Question

can i quit claim house to my husband, then get a divorce, and then can i file chapter 7 for myself to clear off 80k of credit card gambling debts without credit card companies going after my soon to be ex husband house
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 3 years ago.

cortrightlaw : You have to be careful because you do not want to commit bankruptcy fraud by hiding assets. You should go meet with a bankruptcy attorney to discuss your situation in detail before you do anything. Usually people do not need to move assets around prior to filing bankruptcy as they think and an attor ey can provide good guidance. If you are really getting divorced and the split of assets is legitimate giving your husband his assets through the divorce then it will not be a problem. But if you are manufacturing the divorce and the transfer of the house to hide it from creditors it will become a problem.
JACUSTOMER-mz98a98l- :

i know that but is this info you are giving me for laws in the state of georgia?

JACUSTOMER-mz98a98l- :

he only gave me what i already knew, i considered this an urgent and am willing to pay for it but i need more detailed info than what he gave me that i already knew....please get him back on this chat or have him call me at xxxx xxxx xxxx and i will gladly rerate and pay the fee. standing by for your response

JACUSTOMER-mz98a98l- :

i am standing by, are you going to respond?