Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I received a conditional order of dismissal from my chapter

I received a conditional order of dismissal from my chapter trustee. the box was checked (failed to respond). I was never notified fist that I had a meeting to attend.I went to the first meeting required by the bankruptcy court.
I believe the my attorney or my para legal failed to attend a required meeting and my trustee sent me out this letter.I have never missed a payment and i have turned over all documents that he has ask for....What do I do.I've left messages with the attorney and the para legal and they will not respond.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

You can file a motion to vacate the dismissal if you have grounds. You should have received notice of all hearings, as well as your attorney.

Terry L. :

Call the trustee to see what the hearing was for, and do what you can to resolve the matter after seeing what the trustee needs.

Terry L. :

if it has been dismissed in error, the court can reopen the case

Terry L. :

If you were current on the payments, and turned over all necessary documents, you may be able to save the case.

Terry L. :

You can also hire another attorney to assist you as well, especially if this counsel is not helping.

Terry L. :

Without knowing why the case was dismissed, I can only speculate as to what happened.

Terry L. :

Did you have any questions?

Terry L. :

if you do, just let me know!

Terry L. :

thanks

Terry L. :

Terry

Customer:

Terry lost your response to my question

2:00 PM
2:01 PM
2:01 PM
2:02 PM
2:02 PM
2:02 PM
2:03 PM
Did you have any questions?
2:09 PM
if you do, just let me know!
2:09 PM
thanks
2:09 PM
Terry
Did you have any followup questions? If so, just let me know! Thanks and good luck, Terry