Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bur 15yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar
15345323

I received a conditional order of dismissal from my chapter

I received a conditional order of dismissal from my chapter trustee. the box was checked (failed to respond). I was never notified fist that I had a meeting to attend.I went to the first meeting required by the bankruptcy court.
I believe the my attorney or my para legal failed to attend a required meeting and my trustee sent me out this letter.I have never missed a payment and i have turned over all documents that he has ask for....What do I do.I've left messages with the attorney and the para legal and they will not respond.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

You can file a motion to vacate the dismissal if you have grounds. You should have received notice of all hearings, as well as your attorney.

Terry L. :

Call the trustee to see what the hearing was for, and do what you can to resolve the matter after seeing what the trustee needs.

Terry L. :

if it has been dismissed in error, the court can reopen the case

Terry L. :

If you were current on the payments, and turned over all necessary documents, you may be able to save the case.

Terry L. :

You can also hire another attorney to assist you as well, especially if this counsel is not helping.

Terry L. :

Without knowing why the case was dismissed, I can only speculate as to what happened.

Terry L. :

Did you have any questions?

Terry L. :

if you do, just let me know!

Terry L. :

thanks

Terry L. :

Terry

Customer:

Terry lost your response to my question

Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.
2:00 PM
2:01 PM
2:01 PM
2:02 PM
2:02 PM
2:02 PM
2:03 PM
Did you have any questions?
2:09 PM
if you do, just let me know!
2:09 PM
thanks
2:09 PM
Terry
Terry L., Attorney
Experience: Better Business Bur 15yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar
Expert:  Terry L. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any followup questions? If so, just let me know! Thanks and good luck, Terry