dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

I filed chpt 13 pro se, had it dismissed after I couldnt make

I filed chpt 13 pro se, had it dismissed after I couldn't make the payments (I thought I had to start making payments after the first hearing- so it was too much for me to catch up on) what can I do now to reaffirm my debt, I can't file again for 6 months

Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

Because you cannot file again for six months from the date of the dismissal, you need to contact the lender and request a payment arrangement. Note, you are not reaffirming because you are NO longer in bankruptcy and that term is only used during a BK proceeding. However, the lender does not have to reaffirm as they are not under any legal requirement to do so. So if you get any resistance, you should engage an attorney to assist you. I wish you well.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am compensated for assisting you. Otherwise, I receives no compensation though you have paid a deposit.