dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

I filed Chapter 13 in 2011 where they garnish payments from

I filed Chapter 13 in 2011 where they garnish payments from my paycheck. I will be subject to repayment for about 3 more years. I am getting married in 2 months and my future husband wants to put my name on the deed to the house he currently owns but not the existing mortgage. Will this have any effect on my Chapter 13 bankruptcy? Thank you.

Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

By placing your name on the title, your future husband is making a very kind gesture to give you legal rights if he were to pass. Likewise, it will have no affect on your chapter 13 plan. That is, you will continue to make your plan payments has was approved. And the court cannot make any claim against the house if you were to default. Good luck on your wedding! Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am compensated for assisting you.