Elizabeth Prentice
Elizabeth Prentice, Attorney
Experience:  Managing Attorney for one of the largest consumer bankruptcy firms in America.

can you file a objection to a motion, if so how would you file

can you file a objection to a motion, if so how would you file it in BK court

I am a Nevada bankruptcy attorney and I would be happy to assist you. Yes, you can file an opposition.

First, create a pleading, which is captioned identical to the one for the Motion to Lift Stay. Next, title your pleading DEBTORS’ RESPONSE TO MOTION FOR RELIEF FROM AUTOMATIC STAY WITH CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE. Then, in the body state all of your reasons for objecting to the motion to lift stay. Make sure to create a signature line and sign it. On the last page put your certificate of service, which states who you e-filed it to and who you sent it to.

Certain creditors require you send it via U.S. Mail, so you will need to check your docket to make sure if anyone has requested special service. If they have, make sure to send a copy to them after you file the document

Make sure it is in pdf and then file it on ECF/Pacer in your case. Log in then Click “Answer/Response..” under docketing. From there it is self explanatory. Make sure to link the Response document to the correct Motion, and make sure you click that the Certificate of Service is attached.

I hope my answer has assisted you and that you will leave me a positive rating! Please feel free to request me by name, should you have any questions in the future.