dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

My husband needs to file and serve a motion for an order extending time to file the required documents for his chapter 13. How does he do that? they said it had to be in pleating format

Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

Pleading form means that there is no fill in the blanks form available. Accordingly, without the assistance of an attorney or paralegal service that is knowledgeable, he will not be able to write the form that must contain the specific code sections that apply. Also, there are very strict rules that must be adhered to regarding filing and serving the pleading. There are also time limits to serve and to give time to respond. So it would be recommended that you get legal assistance. I wish you both well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So there is no way for him to this without legal help? the reason he needs more time is we are trying to find legal help

NO, you cannot just ask the court- it has to be done following a specific legal process as set out in the local court rules. Likewise, retain an attorney ASAP and he will know how to do it.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am compensated for assisting you. Thanks.