Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Hello Mr. A , after amble consideration I decided not to pursue

Hello Mr. A , after amble consideration I decided not to pursue an appeal so in smalls claims /Texas how long does the def have to pay the judgement , post interest and court fees ? When can I begin charging storage because we still hold his car to date .

Kirk Adams : Hi - thanks for the update!
Kirk Adams : There's no specific timeframe in which the defendant must pay the judgment unless the judge orders a specific timeframe in his/her order.
Kirk Adams : Instead, it is up to the plaintiff to institute collection procedures -- wage garnishment, bank levy, etc.
Kirk Adams : As for storage, you should be able to begin charging that once you provide notice.

Thanks Mr A ,

The judgement also states a 5.0 % interest how does that work or applicable lets say since July 24th 2013

Mr A so how does the 5.0 % interest work per say on a judgement ?

Kirk Adams : The interest usually runs from the date of the judgment forward UNLESS there's a judgment for pre-judgment interest.

Ok caclulated how per day ?

Kirk Adams : Per year.
Kirk Adams : 5% interest per year (per annum).

Ok thanks

Kirk Adams : Sure.