cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

I was recently involved in a car accident. I do not know if

I was recently involved in a car accident. I do not know if it will be settled but if at some point they decide to sue would my being under a Chapter 13 (already filed prior to the accident) protect me from any judgement) I was found responsible but they did hit me not the other way around.

cfortunato :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy and Consumer Protection attorney here to assist you.

cfortunato :

Unfortunately, a Bankruptcy can only discharge liabilities (debts and judgments) that were in existence at the time the Bankruptcy was filed.

Customer:

Is there any chance that I would be able to reopen the case and add debts. I am trying to think positive, but it would be nice to know for future reference.