Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I am in a position that I will be filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy

I am in a position that I will be filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy later this winter or next spring. I want to marry my girlfriend of 4 years, but have held off due to the forthcoming bankruptcy thinking it would hurt her and our future. But maybe I am wrong. Is there any reason to hold off getting married?
Thank you,

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

This is a common issue,

being married in no way will hurt her financial situation,

the only downfall is that her income would have to be included in your petition,

as all household income is counted when a person files a chapter 7 bankruptcy, and that may make your household income higher than the state median,

Thank you...that makes sense.