Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

I am legally seperated from my husband for 10 years and have

I am legally seperated from my husband for 10 years and have a condo under my name and making 90000 a year he wants to fill bankrupcy we never file tax together in last 10 years .does his bankrupcy effecting me as well.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Your husband's bankruptcy would have no effect any of the debts and assets that you have acquired since the separation. A legal separation settles all financial issues. Since all marital financial issues were settled 10 years ago, the bankruptcy should not have an effect on you

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.