Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

what is considered nonexempt property in bankruptcy

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist you.

Under Michigan law, there are several property exemptions which you can read about here: Therefore, any property that doesn't fall into one of these exemptions would be considered non-exempt and available to the bankruptcy trustee for liquidation and payment to creditors.

There are many exceptions to help ensure that a person isn't left with no property, money or assets.

I hope this answers your question, but if you need something further, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to answer any follow-up you may have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the site you quoted to read about nonexempt property in michigan...will that site pull up a list or will it direct me to another site?

Hi -

It's a website that actually lists all of the property exemptions available under Michigan law. I just gave the link rather than listing all of it here.