cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

Hello-I lost my house to foreclosure in 2008 after my job

Hello- I lost my house to foreclosure in 2008 after my job was downsized. I now owe the IRS 15,000 and State taxes 8,000 and I have about 380,000 in debt. I have no property or vehicles in my name and I was wondering if I need to hire a separate attorney for the IRS, State and Bankruptcy or is there a service that specializes in all three? I live in the state of Virginia. Please help, I would like to clear up this debt to get a fresh start. Thank You

Also can you tell me the cost for such services and the time it would take?  I want to clear up my credit to obtain a better position in my career.

cortrightlaw : I would start with a bankruptcy attorney as most of the issues can be dealt with through a bankruptcy filing. Then if the taxes cannot be discharged through bankruptcy you can work with the IRS on a repayment plan.
Customer:

Also can you tell me the cost for such services and the time it would take? I want to clear up my credit to obtain a better position in my career.

cortrightlaw : Not sure about the charges in your area but were I oractice the attorney fees same from(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor a chapter 7. With your situation I would definitely use am attorney as you have some more complex issues to deal with.
Customer:

Thank you so much for your help.

cortrightlaw : You are welcome, please take a minute to rate my response, Thxs