Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

Im looking for clarification on the Subpart C Deductions for

Customer Question

I'm looking for clarification on the Subpart C Deductions for Debt Payment in the Chapter 7 Means Test. Specifically, can I include 100% of the mortgage payment due on a home I co-own with another person (non-spouse)? Both myself and the other party are on the deed and mortgage - and both plan on filing bankruptcy separately. If I include only 1/2 of the mortgage, I am unsure whether I will pass the Means Test.

In addition, AFTER my bankruptcy is granted, can the other party file bankruptcy claiming 100% of the mortgage since my portion will have (hopefully) been discharged?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.