Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

After filing chapter 7 in wisconsin and including the house

After filing chapter 7 in wisconsin and including the house in 2010. Thank bankruptcy was discharged in 11/2010. The bank did not send us paper work to reaffirm the mortgage. We are attempting to do a modification with that bank so we can keep/stay in the home. Can they still do a modification or will they insist on it being re affirmed first?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

If your bankruptcy has been discharged, then it is not possible to do a reaffirmation at this point - any reaffirmation must be completed before discharge.

However, there's no legal requirement that you enter into a reaffirmation in order to keep a debt or in order to seek a loan modification. Thus, there's no legal requirement that you have a reaffirmation in place in order to do a loan modification.

Thus. since your bankruptcy has already been discharged, you can't get a reaffirmation, but it should not be necessary.

Thanks for allowing me to assist you. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.