How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31181
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After filing chapter 7 in wisconsin and including the house

This answer was rated:

After filing chapter 7 in wisconsin and including the house in 2010. Thank bankruptcy was discharged in 11/2010. The bank did not send us paper work to reaffirm the mortgage. We are attempting to do a modification with that bank so we can keep/stay in the home. Can they still do a modification or will they insist on it being re affirmed first?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

If your bankruptcy has been discharged, then it is not possible to do a reaffirmation at this point - any reaffirmation must be completed before discharge.

However, there's no legal requirement that you enter into a reaffirmation in order to keep a debt or in order to seek a loan modification. Thus, there's no legal requirement that you have a reaffirmation in place in order to do a loan modification.

Thus. since your bankruptcy has already been discharged, you can't get a reaffirmation, but it should not be necessary.
Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thanks for allowing me to assist you. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.