socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

Can i put money into my IRA From a Stock bank account = 4 to

Can i put money into my IRA From a Stock bank account = 4 to 6 months before the filing of chapter 7

In order to avoid a claim of bad faith, your transfer must be routine. That is, if you have been making regular annual contributions to your IRS in a particular amount, then the court would not find bad faith were you to do so prior to filing your bankruptcy. However, if you haven't made any contributions during the past tax year, or in any of the past 2-3 tax years, then your contribution will almost certainly be objected to by the bankruptcy trustee as a fraudulent transfer -- which could cause the court to order the deposit disgorged (likely), or alternatively, your Chapter 7 dismissed (rare).

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im sorry just one more thing on this topic i should of asked this the first time, can you please show me where in the bankruptcy code this is located at.