Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

i have just posted a question and i am unable to use the chat

i have just posted a question and i am unable to use the chat feature.
i need it posted as a reguar question and answer with replies.

here is my question again as i am unable to see the response.

i am dismissed of a ch 13. filing ch 7 soon. need a car. applied for a loan and was told
i need permission of the trustee. i do not have a ch 7 trustee yet and i'm out of ch 13?
can i get this loan in between filing or will they not wanna do that?
Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

You can show a copy of your dismissal (or discharge notice if you completed the chapter 13).
That should suffice, since there is no trustee at this point, the case is over and you are no longer in bankruptcy.

I would refrain from telling the dealer you are about to file a chapter 7 though.

IN the chapter 7, you can choose to Reaffirm the debt, which keeps you on the hook for the new payments, and lets you keep the car too.