cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

Hello. I need to file bankruptcy. Im self employed and work

I need to file bankruptcy. I'm self employed and work part-time due to chronic health issues. Where do I start? Are there new laws? Will this effect my daughter filing for financial aid for college? What does bankruptcy effect in my financial life? Buying a home? etc....

cortrightlaw : You are definetly at the beginning stages of deciding if bankruptcy is a good option for you. You should start by either scheduling a free consultation with a bankruptcy attorney or buying a good do it yourself bankruptcy book. Both will be able to answer all of your questions in detail. Nolo press has a great chapter 7 bankruptcy boom for about $30. Additionally some of the bankruptcy courts offer free programs to assist debtors filing their own bk.
cortrightlaw : Bankruptcy will affect your credit for a couple of years but if you are diligent you can rebuild our credit by responsibly using credit after bankruptcy.