WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I cannot make my last Chapter 13 payment. I will be able to

I cannot make my last Chapter 13 payment. I will be able to make my next one, and really do not foresee a problem paying in the future either. Will the case get dismissed for one missed payment, which I am willing to make up at the end, obviously.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

This is unfortunate,

WALLSTREETESQ :

the case will not be dismissed if you miss one payment,

WALLSTREETESQ :

what will happen is the trustee may file a motion to dismiss, however you can reply by stating that you have the money to pay the next two months payment,

WALLSTREETESQ :

any motion will take 30 days, or more

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can also send a letter to the trustee stating you will be late in making the last payment, he may give you time as well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So you think I should write a letter, and let him know that I will make my next payments on time? Should I put a reason in the letter for my missing the payment also?

You should state that in a letter to the trustee, they will not want to dismiss the case when it is almost over.