Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

I cannot make my last Chapter 13 payment. I will be able to

I cannot make my last Chapter 13 payment. I will be able to make my next one, and really do not foresee a problem paying in the future either. Will the case get dismissed for one missed payment, which I am willing to make up at the end, obviously.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

This is unfortunate,

the case will not be dismissed if you miss one payment,

what will happen is the trustee may file a motion to dismiss, however you can reply by stating that you have the money to pay the next two months payment,

any motion will take 30 days, or more

You can also send a letter to the trustee stating you will be late in making the last payment, he may give you time as well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So you think I should write a letter, and let him know that I will make my next payments on time? Should I put a reason in the letter for my missing the payment also?

You should state that in a letter to the trustee, they will not want to dismiss the case when it is almost over.