WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I am in the state of Texas. I am being sued by a Credit Union.

I am in the state of Texas. I am being sued by a Credit Union. I am planning to do a BK for the debt's I have since my medical harships etc. I was not served the court date proceedings as that came in the mail. I was served a letter from the credit union prior to this stating I am being sued and I wrote back the situation I was in. I was on disability FMLA and disabilty during this time. I have came back to work because at one point my insurance company did not pay me. I started being late on all of my debts in Nov 2012. My daughter was sent to a treatment center in another state Sep 2012. After this situation it just left me in a very bad emotionally, physically, mentally etc.

They then sent me a letter indicating the date and time of my case. My case is on July 8, 2013.
I am unsure what to do. Can I start the BK process? Do I have any options to help me?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

This is an unfortunate situation,

WALLSTREETESQ :

Regardless of the Court date given to you, if you file a bankruptcy

WALLSTREETESQ :

all legal action must stop,

WALLSTREETESQ :

and you will not have to appear at the Court hearing,

WALLSTREETESQ :

if you qualify for a bankruptcy the debt would be discharged,

WALLSTREETESQ :

so you would not have to worry about any more of your debts.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Once you file the bankruptcy you would send the attorney for the lawsuit the information, and that you filed bankruptcy,

WALLSTREETESQ :

they would stop there collection actions, and lawsuit.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I have enough time to do this since my court date is coming up soon if I contact a lawyer immediately. Is there process very long?
Yes, you can file within 24-48 hours, once you file all actions stop by Federal law.