Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX had spoke w/you before.and I am

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX had spoke w/you before.and I am a paid justanswer customer.My question is,i was in bankruptcy for 60months chapter 13,paid off 12-26-12.From 12-26-12,to 5-22-13,my trustee just started working on my discharge papers,meaning he just started sending the last of my checks out to my debtors.I'm trying to refi my mortgage.so the trustee sent me paper work stating,as chapter 13 trustee,that I have paid in full to the secured creditor.will this cerfice for the underwriters

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

The lender likely will want an actual DISCHARGE ORDER from the bankruptcy court as that document eliminates your legal obligation to pay a debt that is discharged. Thus, until that order is entered, your bankruptcy is technically not complete.

Here's a good link you can read: http://www.uscourts.gov/FederalCourts/Bankruptcy/BankruptcyBasics/Chapter13.aspx

If the trustee is winding down all affairs and paying off all remaining creditors, etc,, you should be close to getting your discharge order, but the lender is not likely to proceed with you until the order has been signed by the judge and filed with the court clerk.