L. Morgan
L. Morgan, Attorney
Experience:  I am a licensed attorney with more than 30 years experience representing individuals in bankruptcy cases.
73009335

im sorry to bother you again lol but are you good in advice

im sorry to bother you again lol but are you good in advice for bankrupcy law?

cfortunato :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy and Consumer Protection attorney here to assist you.

cfortunato :

What you like to know?

Customer:

Hello Chris,

Customer:

I have been harrassed by an attorney for few yrs, after they had closed my banking account, and took my tax returns couple yrs ago.. So I finally was able to do my bankruptcy couple yrs ago.. I made sure that I called the attorney that harrassed me got the amount that I owed, and made sure they were on it, well after 2yrs I've been cleared, I decided to get a loan consalidation but found out there's a lien on my truck.. so I went to find out who it was, come to find out it the same lawyers office, I had called them after my bankruptcy cause they sent me another letter so I told them about the bankruptcy, and they said they never got the letter saying that,

Customer:

I gave them the case number, they took it, but now they have a lien and said to get the lien off I have to pay them $1000.00 can they do that?

Customer:

just to give you an idea, when they frozed my checking account, the took all the money that was in there about $2000.00, than my tax return was about $4000.00.. They made me suffer, I couldn't do much for my 2 girls, provide food, and pay my bills talk about being over stressed..

Hi, my name isXXXXX'm a bankruptcy attorney with many years experience.

As I understand your question, you hired a bankruptcy attorney who's law firm was already handling a case against you for collection of a debt. If that is the case, he/she had a clear conflict of interest and should not have taken your case.

It is likely that your bankruptcy attorney could have filed a motion under Section 522 of the Bankruptcy Code to avoid the lien on your vehicle. The Code allows avoidance of a judgment lien to the extent it impairs any exemptions allowed to you under bankruptcy law.

I recommend that you contact the attorney who handled your bankruptcy. Insist that he reopen your bankruptcy case and file a motion to avoid the lien. If in fact he is with the same firm that was handling the case against you and he is unwilling to deal with this issue, I recommend that you contact the state bar association for the state you live in. You may want to consider filing a complaint with the bar association. They would investigate your complaint and take any appropriate action.

I hope this helps. I would appreciate you leaving positive feedback with the JustAnswer website.

Best of luck.

L. Morgan, Attorney
Experience: I am a licensed attorney with more than 30 years experience representing individuals in bankruptcy cases.