WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

My chapter 7 bankruptcy case was discharged 3/12/12. I had

My chapter 7 bankruptcy case was discharged 3/12/12. I had a civil judgment against me in Fulton County Superior Court, GA, which was included in the bankruptcy filing. I am not sure if the lien has been discharged. Is there an Application for Discharge of Judgment for the state of Georgia, or how can I find out if this judgment has been discharged?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 10 months ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

This is a common issue, if you listed the judgment in your bankruptcy it would be discharged,

WALLSTREETESQ :

you should check your discharge letter, as it would list all debts discharged, and you should run a credit report on yourself to see if the debt is still listed.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If it is still listed against you, then you need to contact the creditor, and show them the discharge letter stating the debt was discharged, and it would appear as discharged.

Customer:

hello, thank you. for the fast response. the debt does not appear on my credit report; however, the joint mortgage obligation is still open. I have disputed the mortgage on my experian report. is there a website to find a copy of my discharge letter?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Your discharge letter should have been mailed to you by the Court,

WALLSTREETESQ :

if you do not have it, you have to got Court, and ask for a copy the clerks office will have it,

Customer:

thank you

WALLSTREETESQ :

Also, if the debt is listed in your petition, and creditors matrix, it would have been discharged and the creditor should be aware, I would contact the creditor directly and advise them of the bankruptcy to make sure it is not listed with them as being open.

Customer:

ok thank you

WALLSTREETESQ :

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback.

Customer:

thanks i appreciate it

WALLSTREETESQ :

good luck,

WALLSTREETESQ :

The link above is to the GA bankruptcy court, so you may want to call the clerks office for the status of the discharge letter,

Customer:

that's fantastic thank you i actually filed in colorado but this link is very helpful.

Customer:

the civil case was in georgia

WALLSTREETESQ :

Bankruptcy District Court
Colorado Bankruptcy Court
Court Locations: Denver, Grand Junction, Pueblo
Counties of Jurisdiction: All

Clerks:
Bradford L. Bolton
Bankruptcy Clerk
U.S. Custom House
721 19th St.
Denver, CONNN-NN-NNNNbr/>(303)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

yes yes yes! thank you so much. i will call that number.

WALLSTREETESQ :

good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback, thank you

Customer:

i will -

WALLSTREETESQ :

thank you

WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience: 14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS