You can make arguments based on "res judicata" and "collateral estoppel." Res judicata means "a matter already judged," typically meaning a lawsuit cannot be tried twice once a court has already ruled on it, and collateral estoppel means essentially the same thing except it applies to individual issues within a lawsuit (such as the determination regarding the value of property).
You can read more about res judicata HERE, and collateral estoppel HERE.
Cases applicable to 9th Circuit:
(1) Allen v. McCurry, 449 US 90 - Supreme Court 1980 (449 U.S. 90 (1980)) CLICK HERE
(2) Federated Department Stores, Inc. v. Moitie, 452 US 394 - Supreme Court 1981 (452 U.S. 394 (1981)) CLICK HERE
(3) Montana v. United States, 440 US 147 - Supreme Court 1979 (440 U.S. 147 (1979)) CLICK HERE
(4) Migra v. Warren City School Dist. Bd. of Ed., 465 US 75 - Supreme Court 1984 (465 U.S. 75 (1984)) CLICK HERE
(5) Cayward v. HSBC BANK USA, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION, Dist. Court, WD Washington 2013 (Case No. C12-1402MJP.) CLICK HERE
(6) Rougeau v. Swarthout, Dist. Court, ED California 2013 (No. 2:11-cv-1708-JFM (PC).) CLICK HERE
(7) Galindo v. Cate, Dist. Court, ED California 2013 (Case No. 1:12-cv-01613-AWI-SKO PC.) CLICK HERE
(8) Ashe v. Swenson, 397 US 436 - Supreme Court 1970 (397 U.S. 436 (1970)) CLICK HERE
(9) Montana v. United States, 440 US 147 - Supreme Court 1979 (440 U.S. 147 (1979)) CLICK HERE
(10) American Family Mutual Insurance Company v. Clancy, Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit 2013 (No. 11-16270.) CLICK HERE
(11) Blackshire v. Wackenhut Corp., Dist. Court, ED California 2013 (No. 12-cv-2568 MCE GGH PS.) CLICK HERE
(12) Furnace v. Giurbino, Dist. Court, ED California 2013 (Case No. 1:11-cv-00012-LJO-DLB PC.) CLICK HERE
(13) TACEY GOSS PS v. Barnhart, Dist. Court, WD Washington 2013 (Case No. C12-401RSM.) CLICK HERE
(14) IN RE DAVIS, Bankr. Court, ND California 2013 (Case No. 10-74245 MEH, Adv. No. 11-04066 AH.) CLICK HERE
COLLATERAL ESTOPPEL - Specific to Arizona
(15) Smith v. BARROW NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE, Dist. Court, D. Arizona 2013 (No. CV 10-01632-PHX-FJM.) CLICK HERE
(16) US v. Li, Dist. Court, D. Arizona 2013 (No. CV-12-00482-PHX-DGC.) CLICK HERE
(17) Gray v. Federal National Mortgage Association, Dist. Court, D. Arizona 2013 (No. CV-12-08220-PCT-JAT.) CLICK HERE
(18) Everett v. American Family Mutual Insurance Co., Dist. Court, D. Arizona 2013 (No. CV-11-836-PHX-SMM.) CLICK HERE
(19) Caron v. LIFESTYLE CRAFTS, LLC, Dist. Court, D. Arizona 2013 (No. CV-12-00124-PHX-NVW.) CLICK HERE
(20) TOWN OF COLORADO CITY v. UNITED EFFORT PLAN TRUST, Dist. Court, D. Arizona 2013 (No. CV11-08037-PCT-DGC.) CLICK HERE
(21) Smith v. BARROW NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE, Dist. Court, D. Arizona 2013 (No. CV 10-01632-PHX-FJM.) CLICK HERE
(22) IN RE RHOADS, Dist. Court, D. Arizona 2013 (No. CV-12-0508-PHX-DGC, Adversary No. 2:11-ap-01880 RTB, Case No. 2:10-bk-17533 RTB.) CLICK HERE
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you!
LEGAL NOTICE: I am only licensed to practice law in certain state(s) and I cannot give legal advice to someone who does not reside in a state in which I am licensed, nor shall anything I say in the above answer or elsewhere on this site be deemed legal advice, even to someone who resides in a state in which I am licensed. Funds I receive from JustAnswer.com are gratuities paid to me for taking the time to respond to questions, not for legal advice. This forum is designed to provide general information only, and information herein is not warranted to be correct or applicable in any way since laws may have been misinterpreted herein, since laws change from time to time, and since the impact of those laws on any particular situation varies. The information presented in this site shall not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek independent legal counsel in their jurisdiction for guidance regarding their individual circumstances. Do not take any action or inaction based on information presented herein since it is informational and may not be accurate or applicable to you; it merely attempts to give you a basis of knowledge to help you formulate questions to ask a legal or other professional in a face-to-face meeting in your jurisdiction. JoeLawyer is an attorney but does not hold himself out to be a specialist or expert in any area, regardless of assertions made by any third party, and any implication of being an expert or specialist herein is made in error. I hope the information presented above is useful to you. Answer above is (c) JoeLawyer. All rights reserved.