cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

Hello, unfortunately I have to file for chapter 7. some of

Hello, unfortunately I have to file for chapter 7. some of my creditors have sold the debt to other companies and some have sent me to collections agencies, but i do not know all of them. is it necesary, to list, on court papers, the original creditor and the third party who bought the debt or the collection company trying to collect the debt on behalf of the original creditor, or do i need to list only the original creditor and the original amount of money owed at the time i took out the loan?

cfortunato : HiCustomer
cfortunato : It is only necessary to list the original creditor and the approximate amount that is owed on one's Bankruptcy papers.
cfortunato : However, even though you do not have to, it is best to list any collection agencies you are aware of.
cfortunato : You should be able to find some or all of these by getting current copies of your credit reports (from all 3 major credit bureaus).
cfortunato : You are entitled to receive one free copy of each at least once per year, and you can find these at
Customer: Thank you. That is all I needed to know. Again, thank you.
cfortunato : You're welcome!