Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

Is there any help available for public assistance recipients

Is there any help available for public assistance recipients who need to file bankruptcy? There was the NYC Bankruptcy Assistance Program but I can't get through.

Terry L. : Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.
Terry L. : You would have several options available to you
Terry L. : Are you looking for a lawyer to file for you or are you interested in filing pro-se
Customer: I wasn't sure what I could do. The project I mentioned has lawyers who "help" guide you but its your own work. I can't afford an attorney and wanted to know if there was something available for my situation
Terry L. : You can try the bankruptcy court help desk, they are staffed by volunteer attorneys who can help you file the correct paperwork.
Terry L. : You are in NYC?
Customer: yes
Terry L. : 1sec, let me get the link
Customer: k
Terry L. :
Customer: got it! thanks
Terry L. : Go to the top of the page and click the dropdown - filing without an attonrey
Terry L. : there is much info there, including links to pro-bono (free) services
Customer: awesome! thanks