Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.

My wife also filed bankruptcy. She would like to know the

Customer Question

My wife also filed bankruptcy. She would like to know the amount due to satisfy the chapter 13,and also how to expedite the payoff. Her case # XXXXX XXXXX filed 3/7/2011.
Her house at 9801 SW 14th St. Davie, FL 33324 was placed outside the bankruptcy and is currently up to date on payments to both the Home Equity Line Of Credit and Homeowners dues. The bank, JPMorgan Chase, Home Equity Line, LLC, Account #41940860 has the house listed as a part of the bankruptcy and this has an adverse effect on her credit score.
She would like to know what action can be taken to correct this situation.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 3 years ago.

Terry L. : Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.
Terry L. : Your wife can check with your local trustee's office where she makes the monthly bankruptcy payment to, or she can track her case online to see stats at
Terry L. : Technically all debts are 'included' in the bankruptcy, but if the debtor is making all of the monthly payments on time, then it shouldn't impact the loan.
Terry L. : Timely payments should be reported to the credit burueaus.
Terry L. : Once the bankruptcy case is done, her credit score will start to bounce back.
Terry L. : I've seen them move 50-100 points higher the 1st year after discharge.
Terry L. : What questions do you have?
Terry L. : please adjust your rating, as we are still in live chat! thanks
JACUSTOMER-bv1pxoh6- : The questions were not adequately answered. We are aware of all the above. Please do not charge my credit card. Thanks
Terry L. : what followup questions do you have?
JACUSTOMER-bv1pxoh6- : I wanted to know how much the balance is and how to pay off sooner. In Florida there is no way to contact the trustee
Terry L. : If you feel that the account is being mis-reported at the credit bureau's, you can file a dispute with the 3 bureaus. However, since she is in bankruptcy, they sound like they are being reported correctly.
Terry L. : Do you have an attorney?
Terry L. : If so , your attorney can send a written request for payoff. You can do so also if you don't have one.
Terry L. : Did you view that website?
Terry L. : it will tell you the estimated payoff balance.
JACUSTOMER-bv1pxoh6- : Yes, he is totally uncooperative. If we had not paid him we would switch
Terry L. : Another way is to calculate monthly plan payment x months in the plan minus amount paid.
Terry L. : that would tell you the remainder on the plan as well.
Terry L. : so if her payment was $500 per month, and the plan was for 60 months =$30k minus what she's paid to date.
Terry L. : If you are unsatisfied with your lawyer, you can fire them and hire another.
Terry L. : Send a written request to the trustee requesting payoff as well.
Terry L. : Worse comes to worse, you can file a motion in the case for the trustee to provide a payoff, but that shouldn't be necessary
Terry L. : Check that will give you all the case info you need.
Terry L. : payments made, creditor balances etc.
Terry L. : It's very useful.
Terry L. : What further questions do you have
Terry L. : are you there?
Terry L. : I see you have stepped away, should you have any further questions please respond and I'll get you further updated info.
Terry L. : thanks for your question, good luck to you and your wife
JACUSTOMER-bv1pxoh6- : I do not want to continue the conversation and request a refund of my $60.00.