Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I am currently in the process of filing a chapter 7 bankruptcy,

I am currently in the process of filing a chapter 7 bankruptcy, in the State of Missouri. I am single and childless. I have accrued $627.02 worth of vacation time at my employment, that I will be using my $600.00 Wildcard exemption to cover. With that being said I have no exemptions left to cover any portion of my $3,200.00 2012 IRS tax return that is sill owed to myself. Thus, do I just not list it on Schedule C as exempt, and only place it in Schedule B. Is there any other exemptions besides wildcard that I could place the $3200.00 tax refund in? Thank you.

Terry L. : Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.
Terry L. : You list all assets on schedule B.
Terry L. : You would list any exemptions you are entitled to on schedule C.
Terry L. : perhaps you should wait to file your case until you get the refund and spend it on your monthly necessities