WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I am filing a chapter 7 bankruuptcy in missouri...i have no

I am filing a chapter 7 bankruuptcy in missouri...i have no wage garnishments or judgements against me..do i need to claim my wages as exempt on schedule c and how do i figure the amount to exempt if i need to..also do i need to claim my accrued vacation time exempt? If so how do i go about doing this?

WALLSTREETESQ : Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on
WALLSTREETESQ : You would not list your wages as exempt,
WALLSTREETESQ : they would not be touched in a chapter 7, when you file a chapter 7 you are stating that your income is below the State median for household income, so your income cannot be taken,
WALLSTREETESQ : In regards XXXXX XXXXX to list as exempt, you would list property, such as homes, cars, furniture, personal belongings,
WALLSTREETESQ : If you have cash in a bank account, you can list the account as exempt, which is where your wages would be,
WALLSTREETESQ : WagesMinimum 75% of earned but unpaid wages (90% for head of family); bankruptcy judge may authorize more for low-income debtorsWages of servant or common laborer to $90525.030513.470WILD CARD$1250 of any property if head of family, else $600; head of family may claim an additional $350 per child513.430(3), 513.440
WALLSTREETESQ : In Missouri you would exempt the wages, that are in your account, using the above exemption and wild card if needed.
WALLSTREETESQ : If you do not have a direct deposit and you have wages, at that point you would list cash in hand, and claim the wage and wild card exemptions to protect them.
WALLSTREETESQ : Minimum 75% of earned but unpaid wages (90% for head of family); bankruptcy judge may authorize more for low-income debtors
WALLSTREETESQ : The wild card is $1250 of any property if head of family, else $600; head of family may claim an additional $350 per child
WALLSTREETESQ : http://www.missouribankruptcy.com/exemptions.html