Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

In order to do a Chapter 7 in the state of New Jersey, does

Customer Question

In order to do a Chapter 7 in the state of New Jersey, does the person need a permit or do you need to be a real estate attorney? Or can the person go directly themselves and do it?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 4 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

A debtor can file pro-se, meaning without a lawyer, however it is recommended you use a bankruptcy attorney, as they can make sure it is done properly

Terry L. :

Most offer free consultations, and many offer flexible payment plans for their fees too.

Terry L. :

Did you have any other questions?

Terry L. :

I see you have stepped away.

Terry L. :

Let me know if you have any further questions. thanks

Terry L. :

Terry

Terry L. :

did you have any further questions? please click accept to close the question when you are done. thanks

Terry L. :

terry