TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

How long does it take to process a bankruptcy claim. I am trying

Customer Question

How long does it take to process a bankruptcy claim. I am trying to stop my car from being repo'd. I believe the financial institution that bought my loan has figured the amounts incorrectly and they are still wanting me to pay an additional 800.00 on the loan. I advised them I would not. I rather spend the money to file bankruptcy
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "process." Do you mean how soon can you be discharged? Or how soon can you stop the lender from repossessing the car?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how soon can you stop the lender from repossession of the car

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hi again.

The lender would be prohibited from repossessing the car the moment the bankruptcy is filed. For example, if you were to file the bankruptcy at 9:00 AM tomorrow, and the lender repossessed the car at 9:05 AM while you were in the court, then the lender would need to give you back the car.

Does that answer your question? Let me know if you need clarification, and please remember to rate me positively so that I receive credit for my efforts.

Thank you and good luck!