cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

my father were both a car loan in april 2012 he refinanced

my father were both a car loan in april 2012 he refinanced the car in his own name only but kept me on the title i did disclose in my bk.does that count as of transfer of property.

cfortunato :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy and Consumer Protection attorney here to assist you.

Customer:

hello

Customer:

did you get my question

Customer:

my father were both on a car loan he refinanced the car in his own name only but kept me on the title.i did disclose in my bk,does that count as a transfer of property,

Customer:

my question was not answerd

cfortunato :

I am really sorry for the delay. My computer over-heated and froze.

cfortunato :

Given the information you provided, there was no transfer of property.

Customer:

thank you.

cfortunato :

The transfer of property means the Bankruptcy filer transferred property to someone else, which would have been the case if you signed the car title over to your father.

cfortunato :

The fact that your father re-financed the car in his name only is not a transfer of property.

Customer:

we where both on the loan until he just refinanced and took my name of the loan but im still on the title.

cfortunato :

That is okay - the fact that your name was taken off the loan is not a transfer of property.

cfortunato :

If had signed the car over to your father (took your name off the title), that would be a transfer of property.

Customer:

ok

cfortunato :

Please have a pleasant evening?