WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

i have a ch 13 bk question

i have a ch 13 bk question

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

If your chapter 13 is dismissed, you do not need permission to buy a car,

WALLSTREETESQ :

if you are going to finance a car, and then file a chapter 7, you would have to reaffirm the loan, in your chapter 7 so you can keep it.

WALLSTREETESQ :

The car loan company may want proof that your chapter 13 is actually dismissed, so you may need to wait till an actual Order is signed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok , secondly, if i am letting it terminate on its own, but it hasn't yet, the loan company will not work with me they say unless i have a letter from the trustee. but i don't need permission from the trustee as i'm letting it go, would termination of my wage assignment be proof enough?
No, the chapter 13 must be dismissed on the record, so you have to wait till an actual order states the chapter 13 is dismissed.