Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

A little background, then question to follow. My 72 year old

A little background, then question to follow. My 72 year old mother has had medical issues that has left her unable to work leaving her without income since November 2012. Her home is in foreclosure and we are in process of requesting a loan modification. With her mortgage and other bills piling up rapidly, it is becoming more evident that we may need to file for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. Can we still proceed with loan modification request AND bankruptcy at the same time? Any guidance or suggestions when dealing with bankrupty AND foreclosure will be greatly appreciated.

Attorney2020 :

Hello:

Attorney2020 :

I understand your situation ad many other individuals in their older age or experiencing the same financial hardships. Luckily for your mother, you can file a Ch 13 bankruptcy and seek a load modification from your lender at the same time.

Attorney2020 :

Typically, the lender is more willing to modify the home loan once they see that a bankruptcy has been filed. Additionally, other bills will be negitiated down as well throughout the CH13 process. I encourage you to hire a competent Ch 13 attorney with excelleent negotiating skills to cram down your mortgage and reduce any other creditor liability. I am confident that your mother will be able to achieve a loan modification if your CH13 plan is approved.

Attorney2020 :

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please do not forget to rate my answer.