WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

RA-mp

Customer Question

I file bankrupt February 2012 and the lawyer ask me for w2 form that was sent to his office also my pay history and bank statements and now it is April 2013 and he is still asking for the same items I paid him 1400 dollars and since he have not did anything can I ask for my money back all this time I could have paid my bills off.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.
You should ask for your fee back, if the attorney was paid in full in February the case should have been filled by now, if this a standard chapter 7 bankruptcy case, the case can be prepared and filled in a few weeks, you should contact your attorney and ask for the reason for the delay, as he may have a valid reason, however this delay is too long.