How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17222
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

I file bankrupt February 2012 and the lawyer ask me for w2 form that was sent to his office also my pay history and bank statements and now it is April 2013 and he is still asking for the same items I paid him 1400 dollars and since he have not did anything can I ask for my money back all this time I could have paid my bills off.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.
You should ask for your fee back, if the attorney was paid in full in February the case should have been filled by now, if this a standard chapter 7 bankruptcy case, the case can be prepared and filled in a few weeks, you should contact your attorney and ask for the reason for the delay, as he may have a valid reason, however this delay is too long.