TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I accepted your answer. Thank you.I have another question.

I accepted your answer. Thank you.I have another question. If I received my tax refund 60 days before I filed bankruptcy, do I need to list that anywhere? I no longer have the money.Sorry if I didn't post this correctly. I want to be sure you are paid for the new question. Do I need to re-ask it on a different screen?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

No, you do not have to list your tax refund on your schedules if you no longer have it. Having said that, if it was a substantial amount of money, then the trustee may ask you what you did with the money at the Meeting of Creditors. If you gave it to creditors or as a gift to friends/family, then the trustee may go after those funds.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!