Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I completed a bankruptcy in 2010 and have a Discharge of Debtor

I completed a bankruptcy in 2010 and have a Discharge of Debtor document. I did not include my vehicle in the bankruptcy and continued to make payments on schedule. I now want to pay the balance of the vehicle (aprox. $12,000). My question, is the bankruptcy trustee entitled to any of the payoff?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

If the vehicle was not included in your bankruptcy plan, and if you have received a discharge and your bankruptcy has been closed, then the trustee should not have any claim to or interest in your payoff to the lender.

There should be no issue with paying this debt off.