Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

What if the Executor files for personal chapter 11 bankruptcy

What if the Executor files for personal chapter 11 bankruptcy after they have stolen from the estate
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Filing bankruptcy will not discharge or wipe away any debts/obligations that are a result of theft or fraud. Thus, the executor would not be able to get rid of this obligation by filing bankruptcy.

However, in order to accomplish, there must be a finding in court (civil or criminal) that he actually stole or unlawfully took this money.

If that can be established, then the estate can file a claim against the executor in his/her bankruptcy.