How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17080
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I had chapter13 a couple of months ago. Now

This answer was rated:

My husband and I had chapter13 a couple of months ago. Now I am planning to start a business. How would the court look at the proceeds from the business? Would it be better to have my business partner list it under his name?


Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on


If you are going to start a business, consider creating a corporation,


and have the income go to the corporation,


this way it is not treated as income for you but for the corp, you can have the Corp issue you monthly income through a w2, if the income is significant, you should advise the trustee of the increase of income, and the trustee may make you increase your montly payment.



WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback.

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions