cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

I filed for bankruptcy in 1999 . What is FLS and how does

I filed for bankruptcy in 1999 . What is FLS and how does it pertain to bankruptcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 1 year ago.

cfortunato :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy and Consumer Protection attorney here to assist you.

cfortunato :

What does FLS stand for?

Customer:

Hello Chris I recall mentioning property to the bankruptcy lawyer and it was believed he put that in with the credit cards. Apparently he didn't. What can I do

cfortunato :

Are you asking about the Bankruptcy you filed in 1999?

Customer:

yes I am

cfortunato :

What type of property was involved, and what was the value of the property in 1999?

Customer:

it was just under an acre and the property was 30,000.

cfortunato :

Did the Bankruptcy court find out that the property was not listed on your Bankruptcy papers?

Customer:

and was purchased by a second party in cash

Customer:

It was never brought up

cfortunato :

If you want to add the property to your Bankruptcy papers, you have to open your Bankruptcy case, and then file a Amended Schedule to include the property.

Customer:

and what would this kind of thing cost me?

cfortunato :

$550.

Customer:

and this would get these people off my back?

cfortunato :

You will also have to surrender the property or its value ($30,000) to the Bankruptcy court.

cfortunato :

Which people?

Customer:

I understand that

Customer:

The housing development in PA

cfortunato :

What is the PA housing development doing to you?

cfortunato :

Or what do they want you to do?

Customer:

They have contacted a collection agency to try and collect unpaid assessments which were impossible to make after jobs were lost due to the economy

cfortunato :

At this point, it might be easier for you to just file another Bankruptcy. Especially since the Bankruptcy court might no longer have the records for your 1999 Bankruptcy.

Customer:

they want the 20,028.00 in unpaid assessments

Customer:

do I stand a chance of coming out of this

cfortunato :

You should be able to include those fees if you file a Bankruptcy now, as long as the fees are more than one year old.

Customer:

Thank you. Are we finishes now?

cfortunato :

Or you can wait until the fees are at least one year old before filing.

cfortunato :

You're welcome!

Customer:

all right then.

Customer:

Thank you for your expertise

cfortunato :

You're welcome again!

cfortunato :

And please have a pleasant evening!

cfortunato, Attorney
Experience: Bankruptcy professor.