Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

Who was suppost to AFFIRM our motarge after bankruptcy. Our

Who was suppost to AFFIRM our motarge after bankruptcy. Our chapter 7 lawer said the bank had to do that, the bank said the lawer had to do that? We are trying to refi with the same bank that we have been making payments to for the last 8 yreas

FiveStarLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

FiveStarLaw :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

FiveStarLaw :

It is the debtor's duty to indicate on the statement of intention whether the debtor plans to reaffirm or surrender. Once the debtor has indicated his intention, it is typically the bank that prepares the reaffirmation

FiveStarLaw :

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX have done that at the time of bankrupcy is that what I'm reading? Can this be done Now?

FiveStarLaw :

It cannot be done now. A reaffirmation must take place prior to discharge or not at all