Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

my father and i have a car the loan is in his name.i am just

my father and i have a car the loan is in his name.i am just on the title he is making the payments.there is some equity in the car can the trustee make us sell it chapter seven.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Could you explain a little more?

I do not understand how your name can be on the "title," but not on the loan.

If the car is financed, the finance company has tittle to the car and can only released title to the person whose name is XXXXX XXXXX loan after the loan has been paid off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the car is financed is trew pnc bank im just on the title thats it

Thank you for the information. However, I still do not see how you can be on the title without being on the loan.

Your Question: my father and i have a car the loan is in his name.i am just on the title he is making the payments.there is some equity in the car can the trustee make us sell it chapter seven.

Response 2: The Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee cannot make you sell the car because you do not own the car until the car loan has been paid off. You cannot sell the car without paying off the loan on the car. The car finance company has a lien on the car. However, if the equity on the car is greater than the exemption allowed, the Trustee would expect the debtor, the person who filed for bankruptcy protection, to come up with the portion that has not been exempted and give it to the Trustee.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i just got done filing bankruptcy my lawyer said the will stop and ach withdrawal?

I am sorry, I do not understand your question:

"i just got done filing bankruptcy my lawyer said the will stop and ach withdrawal?"

Also, the terms of service requires that you open a new thread for this new question. You can make the new thread attention to "Phillipsesq" so that the post would be directed to me.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation