Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Ray, this question pertains to a cause of action that was stated

Customer Question

Ray, this question pertains to a cause of action that was stated in a bankruptcy while in Chapter 11, then the appointed Trustee refused to prosecute when it got to chapter 7, and the CEO, who was the principal unsecured shareholder Motioned the Bankruptcy court to compel the Trustee to "abandon," and he did. Bankruptcy law states any abandoned property (and a cause is property), reverts back to the shareholders.
Two years later, after being discharged and all secured creditors being paid, and three years after FL Department of Corporations Administrative Dissolving, the CEO and sole shareholder wrote an "assignment of assets" (nunc pro tunc) adopting the date of corporate discharge, and assigning those cause of actions (six of them) to himself personally.

What is wrong with this?
I need CASE LAW that (1) states a corporate cause of action is "an asset," and (2) that the asset can be sold, assigned, transferred (in lieu of a debt) from the corporation to an "individual" (shareholder owed money).
Then hopefully, (3), that "individual" can prosecute that corporate cause of action as an individual, pro se.
Please remember, Bankruptcy law dictates that any asset abandoned by a Trustee in a CH-7, reverts back to the shareholder. My problem I guess, is proving a chose of action is an asset that can be moved to an individual.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like the question to remain.

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!

Wendy
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional. However, as one of our valued customers, you are more than welcome to ask another question.

Please accept our sincere apology.