Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Filing bankruptcy chapter 13

Filing bankruptcy chapter 13
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy and Consumer Protection attorney here to assist you.

Your question did not come through. What is your Bankruptcy Law question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'd like to file bankruptcy because I am literally broke and need to start again
Thank you for your response. However, you have not indicated what you would like to know. What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'd like to start over. Clean.
Thank you again for your response.
I will opt out of this question so that someone else can help you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cannot pay all the bills. I got stuck with bills. I've made bad choices and haven't the funds to straighten it out.
Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Chapter 7 is designed to eliminate your consumer debts, like credit cards, medical bills, personal loans and the such. The process takes about 3-4 months total, and you can get a fresh start.
The court will review your assets (and your asset protections, called exemptions). They will also review your income/expenses to see if you can afford to pay back the debts.

You should meet with a local bankruptcy attorney to review your case, and set you up on the best plan of attack to get you a fresh start. most offer free consultations, and can answer any specific legal questions you have about bankruptcy. Do you have any other questions for me today?
Thanks
Terry L
Terry L., Attorney
Experience: Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.