Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.

My uncle filed bankruptcy on his home in florida, apartment

My uncle filed bankruptcy on his home in florida, apartment in Vegas, and his car. Two weeks ago he found out he had cancer and passed away Saturday and of course won't make it to court. What will become of this and what should I do I am handling his affairs.

FiveStarLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

FiveStarLaw :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

FiveStarLaw :

So sorry to hear of this tragedy

FiveStarLaw :

Do your uncle's debts exceed his assets?

FiveStarLaw :

Please let me know when you return online so that we can continue our conversation

Please let me know when you return online so that we can continue our conversation.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I fell asleep . Yes all assets.

Good Morning Brian,

Your answer is not clear to me. Were your uncle's debts greater than his assets? In other words did he owe more than he owned?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry not awake yet . NO

Thank you Brian.

In a Chapter 7 case, the trustee is required to continue the case to discharge. Therefore the first step would be to notify your uncles bankruptcy attorney so that he can notify the trustee of your uncle's death.

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.

Thank you very much Brian for the "excellent service" rating and the bonus!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"

Again my condolences on your loss