How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2820
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If one objects to a creditors claim in a Ch 13, how is the

Resolved Question:

If one objects to a creditor's claim in a Ch 13, how is the claim to be dealt with in the Ch 13 plan ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 3 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

The claim is dealt with however the court rules on the objection

Terry L. :

The court will allow the claim for a certain amount, or disallow it, and the plan will treat it accordingly.

Terry L. :

When drafting the case, treat the claim as you wish it to be treated, and then you can always amend the plan after the hearing on the objection

Terry L. :

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Terry L. :


Terry L. :


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The creditor has filed a claim with which I disagree.

I filed a notice disputing the claim and the court has scheduled a hearing on the matter.

I need to file an amended plan immediately.

If I understand you correctly, I should list the claim as I wish it to be treated. In my case, I want the claim to be entirely denied, so I should not list the claim at all in the plan ?
Expert:  Terry L. replied 3 years ago.
You should wait until the outcome of the objection. You may not have to file any amendments, if the order, disallows the claim, or allows the claim at a different amount, that order will allow the trustee to adjust payments accordingly.
Terry L. and 3 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions