Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

question on chapter 13 plan and motions. If I list a creditor

question on chapter 13 plan and motions.
If I list a creditor on the chapter 13 plan, must I also send a copy of the plan to them before filing this with the court?

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

THe court will send notice to all creditors when you first file your petition and plan

Terry L. :

For any motions, you must mail notices to the appropriate service list

Terry L. :

Do you have any questions?

Customer:

I understand that this is just informational and that there is no attorney client relationship. I'm pro se and papers are due tomorrow. I've got really no debt other than a second mortgage that has no equity so I'm listing that as a secured debt in section 3 of my petition then motioning for it to be converted to unsecured debt in section 6.

Customer:

What exactly do I mail the second mortgage? The plan and motions or just a letter stating that I'm declaring bankruptcy and that their second mortgage will be converted to unsecured debt if the plan is approved in chapter 13.

Customer:

municipal taxes which are in arrears can be treated as secured debt and paid off under the plan?

Terry L. :

yes, sure

Customer:

thanks....

Terry L. :

Sure. any other questions?

Terry L. :

if you have any other questions, let me know. thanks
Terry