How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31662
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can theystill put an Lein on my property and im paying monthly/

This answer was rated:

Can theystill put an Lein on my property and im paying monthly/ My 2005 is paid in full and now working on 2006 I would like to submit a Lein withdrawl but unable to find that form on line thank you

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.


If there are federal and state tax liens for the years that you have paid off, you can have those liens released by having the IRS and/or state tax commission file a release of the tax liens for the year's you've paid up.


However, you can't remove the tax lien notices for the years that you haven't yet paid off. For example, if you've paid all of your 2005 taxes, you should be able to get a release for that year. But, if you still owe 2006 taxes, no release will be granted UNTIL the debt is paid in full.


For the IRS, you can fill out the following application to release the tax lien:


For the state of New York, you can fill out this application:

Roger and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions